Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Toyo Proxes R1R


I knew the tires were getting worn and would probably need replacing soon..

To my surprise, they were really worn! With only about 1 year and 8,500 km on the car, i didn't expect the tires to be worn down to the point where the steel belts were showing through!

I suppose a few track days can really put alot of wear on your tires.

The rears were not too bad, but looks like the front tires really took a beating.

Uncanny timing, I recently got an email from a buddy and he said that he had some really good prices on the Toyo Proxes R1R. I was originally planning on upgrading from the Bridgestone Potenza RE-55's to a set of the Potenza RE-11s.. but, the Toyo's seemed to be pretty popular right now and the price is very compelling.

the S2000 has staggered tire sizes, the fronts are 215/45R17 while the rears are 245/40R17. So much for being able to rotate tires..



ah.. i forgot, next week, I have an appointment to take the car to Autobacs ASM in Yokohama.. They are going to inspect the Aragosta Shocks and do an alignment.

I am much happier now that the tires are sorted out. I'm looking forward to getting out to the track sometime soon.







If anybody needs Toyo Proxes, contact Derek.. i'm sure he can take care of you.